- In addition to these land use districts, the following overlay districts are here by created:
- Agriculture Overlay (AO) District. The purpose of this district is to provide land use regulations which encourage agricultural land uses and similar uses supportive of farms and farming.
- New Woodstock Hamlet Overlay (NWHO) District. The purpose of this district is to maintain the mixed-use traditional character of the existing Hamlet of New Woodstock.
- New Woodstock Central Business Overlay (NWCBO) District. The purpose of this district is to allow for additional commercial uses in the central portion of the New Woodstock Hamlet area.
- Commercial Overlay (COMO) District. The purpose of this overlay district is to allow areas for light manufacturing, retail and non-real commercial (in certain designated areas of the Town), professional office, agricultural and associated businesses, and agribusiness and research facilities on large tracts of land. Such areas may also include certain housing and limited commercial uses supported in the Rural B District, as well as uses and accessory uses intended to support the allowed primary uses.
- Industrial Overlay (IO) District. The purpose of this district is to provide land use controls for certain specified uses more appropriate to an industrial district.
- Wellhead Protection Overlay (WPO) District. The purpose of this overlay district is to protect the residents of the Town and Village thought the prevention of contamination of groundwater in the vicinity of areas that supply public drinking water to the residents of the Town and Village of Cazenovia and the Hamlet of New Woodstock.
- Village Edge Overlay (VEO) District. The purpose of this overlay district is to provide for the village-type density for designated uses and parcels which demonstrate the ability to provide public water and sewers. This overlay district shall be located in the area abutting the existing eastern boundary of the Village of Cazenovia and specificially prohibits retail sales on parcels contiguous with the south side of US Route 20.
2. Overlay districts do not change the use and dimensional requirements of the underlying land use districts unless specifically so stated in Chapter 165 of the Town of Cazenovia Code Book.